The ZenPad Power Case (battery case) is a real game changer

The concept of removing a back plate/cover of a smartphone is nothing new. Removing a back plate/cover of a smartphone and clicking a smartphone cover was a big part of the Samsung line of accessories for the S series. You don’t need to bulk up your device thanks to clever design.

Now Asus is taking their turn on bringing some innovation to the tablet space. The removable back cover of the ZenPad 7 and 8 is quite remarkable. Asus put a lot of thought into functionality on this one. We’ve already discussed the audio cover here. Now it’s time to look at the Power Cover.

A case for your tablet that matches the style and design of your ZenPad? How about more than that, how about a case that has an extra battery built into it? Welcome the Power Case.

Our Power Case gives you up to 15 hours of extended battery life. Isn’t it incredible? – Jonney Shih, Asus Chairman, Computex 2015 ZenPad Presentation

Sure there have been cases for mobile devices that have batteries built into them. However, never has there been a battery case that snaps into place of a mobile device that matches the design and colors. An official accessory like this didn’t exist.

Yes there are portable battery packs out there. Some are even small. However they simply aren’t as convenient as this Power Case is. If you have a portable battery, you’re going to need to remember to also bring along a usb cable. If you have to pick a better solution, I would suggest snapping a battery case into place is the preferred solution to extending your tablets battery life.

This video is not in english, but it’s a great hands-on review that shows just how easy it is to snap the power case into place. I suggest keeping sound on so you can hear the snapping effect.

zenpad-power-battery-case

10 Comments

1. Eric De Vito July 30, 2015 at 8:04 am #

Now the question is: is this power case compatible with the Tricover?

• Johny January 8, 2016 at 5:03 pm #

I ever asked also, but still no answer until now, nobody knows about this issue
      I’m using zenpad 370CG with tri cover.
      And planning to buy asus zen power 10050 mAh, so I can still using my tri cover.
      I love the tri cover.
      Hope somebody ever tried the power case with tri cover and share the info to us.
      Thank you.

2. Daren Ferreira August 27, 2015 at 11:36 pm #

Booooooo!!!
    Just found out the power and audio cases aren’t available for the z58oca… 🙁

• m January 25, 2016 at 12:53 am #

I was wondering: is it just that they forgot to mention the z580ca in the compatibility list, or is it really not compatible with their ‘most high end’ version with stylus??
      That would really be absurd. I was thinking about buying the z580ca, but only with the power case… :-s

3. Charlie September 3, 2015 at 8:45 am #

Where can I buy the powercase. I can’t find it on stores

• Staff September 3, 2015 at 4:08 pm #

This case is slow coming to market. It has been available in Asia, in particular Taiwan so far. Trust me what I say that we’re trying to get release dates and availability for the Asus accessories. A lot of people like yourself asking. Sorry there isn’t better news at this point.

4. Daryl Czerniewicz November 11, 2015 at 5:48 pm #

It’s now November and I cannot find the powera case anywhere in Europe, and since last 2 yearsofI dont want to contact Asus UK. Again because when I phoned them about their fonepad ( I wanted to find out where to buy it from ) they were so unenthusiastic about what is still a great product, the way I was dealt with was as if the man was reading from a script and he wasn’t into customers. Anyway I will be upgrading to the zenpad a380kl 3gb ram and wil need that power case

• Staff November 11, 2015 at 6:18 pm #

I hear your frustration. No question the rollout of accessories has been very very slow. My hope is to have to good news soon. I certainly would think Asus isn’t going to miss the upcoming shopping season. We have had a lot of email inquiries so getting accessories info is our top priority right now.

5. Lhonfelipe December 27, 2015 at 10:35 am #

Is it to leave the power cover attached to the tablet and recharge it there?

6. Juan Mamaril January 17, 2016 at 12:50 pm #

Is there any chance that Asus Philippines sell the power case for Zenpad 7?