Which ZenPad tablets work with Z Stylus pen

It’s quite likely that when Apple comes out with their new iPad Pro, which is expected to have stylus support, the rest of the Android market will follow that trend. That seems to be the way.

So when Asus showed off their Z Stylus pen, it wasn’t a shock. Afterall, Asus has really been ahead of the curve when it comes to digitizer stylus pens and had the Eee Note long before it was trendy and they very popular Eee Slate EP101 featured a digitizer stylus pen. Since then, Asus kept the stylus alive in the Vivo Tab 810 and also had the Fonepad Note 6.

So now we have ZenPads. It wasn’t entirely clear and still isn’t entirely clear which models of ZenPad actually work with the Z Stylus. Trust us when we say it’s a short list. At least at this time it’s a short list!

ZenPad Models That Work With Z Stylus Digitizer Pen:

ZenPad S 8.0 – Z580CA

ZenPad 10 – Z300C, Z300CG, Z300CL

zenpad z stylus digitizer pen

z stylus zenpad supported tablets

See Z Stylus compatibility in the photo above.

32 Comments

1. Daren July 29, 2015 at 5:37 pm #

Any idea what the part number for this stylus is? I own a z580C and have 1 more week to return it. I read somewhere that the Z-Stylus is compatible with it, but no one knows where or how to buy the correct stylus. I have even spoken with Asus support and they confirmed compatibility, but not a part/model number for the stylus. Any help is appreciated!

• Staff July 29, 2015 at 5:47 pm #

Hi, sorry to pass along disappointing info, but on the Z300 and Z580CA ZenPads are compatible with the Z Stylus. In terms of part number, the only details we’ve seen: PAD-22. I’m very surprised to hear that Asus support said the Z580C has compatibility. Just my opinion, but support (any company) can be wrong about product specifics, especially new products. Link: http://www.asus.com/Tablet-Accessory/ASUS_Z_Stylus/specifications/

• D.Ferreira August 19, 2015 at 6:43 pm #

I’m sure you’re correct.. I just wanted to test it, but since no pen was available I returned the Z580C.. The performance on that tablet was sub par as well. it was very “glitchy” at times .. I’m hoping my new 580CA is better (I’m pretty sure it will be.)

2. savvy November 24, 2015 at 6:44 pm #

Does it work on Zenpad Z380CX

• Staff November 25, 2015 at 3:31 am #

Sorry, no it will not work on the Z380CX.

3. chris January 23, 2016 at 4:39 am #

Does it work on Z370CG?

• Staff January 23, 2016 at 5:02 am #

Sorry to say that it doesn’t work with that model.

4. Yuki January 24, 2016 at 12:06 am #

Hi, Does Z300C or Z300CX work with all other Stylus? (Wacom or Bamboo)

• Staff January 24, 2016 at 6:46 am #

My understanding is that the ZenPad tablets are using a different technology and they won’t be compatible. Perhaps a site visitor can also offer their expertise in offering a better answer. At this stage I’m not qualified to speak as an expert in regards to stylus technology.

5. Valeria February 9, 2016 at 5:07 pm #

I have a ZenPad Z580C, but have not found a compatible stylus. It is disappointing to have spent $200 and not being able to use one.
    I would appreciate it if anyone could indicate a style I could purchase.

• Staff February 13, 2016 at 5:18 pm #

Hi. The Z580C doesn’t have the digital stylus technology, so at best you would have is a simulated stylus experience.

6. Loan March 17, 2016 at 1:33 pm #

sorry, ASUS Zstylus pen 90XB02WP-BTO000 can use with ipad mini or just for asus table product?

• Staff March 17, 2016 at 11:52 pm #

This would be compatible with the Z580CA and Z300 Series. Thanks.

7. Ar May 4, 2016 at 7:15 pm #

Does it work for Z380 KL ?

• Staff May 4, 2016 at 7:15 pm #

Sorry to inform you that it will not work on that model.

8. Will June 16, 2016 at 8:59 pm #

i will buy a tablet this week and i want to know if i can use the z stylus in the Asus Zenpad 10 Z300C-A1 and in the Asus Zenpad S 8.0 Z580C.
    THANKS.

• Staff June 16, 2016 at 9:06 pm #

The ZenPad 10 yes, the Z580C no. Thanks for visiting!

9. Aboozar June 28, 2016 at 2:22 pm #

I want to buy Zenpad 10 Z300CNL and it is important for me if it supports Z stylus pen or other stylus pen or not.
    A shop service agent said it do support but Asus website specs says no. Do you know if it is compatible with pen, particularly Z stylus or not?

Thanks

• Staff June 28, 2016 at 2:25 pm #

Interesting. Can you link to where you saw the Asus specs page saying no? That’s very curious. ZenPad 10 models are compatible with the Z Stylus. These new models, I can’t imagine a scenario where they have lost the compatibility. I would appreciate it if you could let me know where you read about that. It’s possible Z Stylus spec pages don’t list the new batch of ZenPad 10 models, that’s one theory I have. Thanks.

• Aboozar June 28, 2016 at 4:18 pm #

Thank you very much for your key reply!

Here as you see Z300CNL is not listed yet; https://www.asus.com/Tablet-Accessory/ASUS_Z_Stylus/specifications/

Here again, dock is presented as a feature but Z tylus not; https://www.asus.com/Tablets/ASUS-ZenPad-10-Z300CNL/

Also in this website compared to C and CL, CNL has not this additional feature; http://www.devicespecifications.com/en/comparison/3a7f7cf6f

Beside that I contacted Asus Customer Service and an agent replied me inferring to Asus website(first link in this comment) said that “I am afraid that the Z300CNL can not support Z stylus”

Thank you again!

• Staff June 28, 2016 at 5:41 pm #

Thank you for taking the time to do that. This is interesting. I checked the owners manuals for the original z300c, and then the z300cnl, both do no mention stylus at all. This type of product confusion happens, but I will try to find out about this.

• Staff June 28, 2016 at 5:50 pm #

Well after some looking, I have found zero listings/info that the new Z300 models support the Z Stylus. Perhaps a cost cutting measure. I will still look into this but it doesn’t seem likely at the point. Thanks again.

• Aboozar June 28, 2016 at 7:09 pm #

I it’s very kind of you! I appreciate that.

In fact I am really confused though, since one of my basic needs to provide a tablet is sketching and it would be a waste of money if I buy CNL and it doesn’t support this feature.

It is inconvenience, after release of a product there is no solid info about it, yet!

• Staff June 28, 2016 at 9:34 pm #

Hi there. Sorry, not great news. I have confirmed with my source at Asus that indeed, the Z Stylus is NOT compatible with Z300M, Z300CNG and Z300CNL. Thank you very much for bringing this to my attention and I will put up some info on this site to reflect these details. Good luck on whatever you decide to buy!

10. Aboozar June 29, 2016 at 6:29 pm #

Thank you!

Unfortunately, today I received the same news from other Asus agents :/

Cheers

11. bob June 29, 2016 at 8:50 pm #

I bought a Z300M, and called ASUS support to ask if the Stylus would work. I was told yes and bought the pen.
    The instruction in the package says to enable the pen, but have not found out how yet. I have asked ASUS how to make it work but have not heard back yet.
    I’ll post there response when I get it.

• Staff June 30, 2016 at 4:34 am #

There is a “Z Stylus” option in the main settings. Did you get this working?

• Bob Morazes June 30, 2016 at 3:02 pm #

There is no option in settings for a stylus.
        Is it possible to down load one or does this tell me that ASUS customer support is ignorant on what their products do.
        ( didn’t I say that so nicely?)

• Staff June 30, 2016 at 3:14 pm #

I honestly hate to say this, but this is something that I just found out about yesterday. The Z Stylus, for ZenPad 10 models, is only compatible with the original models, the Z300C, Z300CL and Z300CG. So out of the entire ZenPad line-up right now, there are 4 compatible models only. I’m sorry to inform you of this.

12. fazlemuniem September 6, 2016 at 6:53 pm #

Hi there.

I was thinking of buying the PAD-22 Z STYLUS_CB (as seen in Amazon) with the Asus ZenPad 10 Z300C. Is that going to work?

I haven’t bought them yet, but one of the primary reasons for buying an Asus tablet with a compatible pen is that i want to be able to note everything, absolutely everything.

Appreciate any help you can.

13. Temmy September 28, 2016 at 12:14 pm #

Is the stylus compatible with the new Z581KL model.

14. Dora Fobbs December 7, 2016 at 6:26 am #

After reading these entries. I just found out that the Z300M is NOT compatible. I am so bummed. As an artist, it is why i bought this tablet. It is weird, because my tablet shows that it is Z300C when i synced it to my Google accounts. sigh.