People have seemed discouraged about Asus tablets not getting the Marshmallow 6.0 Android update. Well, be sad no more! Asus has brought this update to your ZenPad S 8.0 tablet and it’s available now! (big thanks to our reader/visitor Jeff for the tip)
Firmware Version: V188.8.131.52
This update needs to be done MANUALLY. It will not update over the air. The reason? You need to take some precautions before going ahead with this update.
Now be aware of some substantial changes with this update. You NEED TO PREPARE for this update. Asus has listed these details here.
Before you update to Android 6.0 Marshmallow, follow this check list:
- Software update to Android 6.0 Marshmallow. Internal storage will decrease slightly after update, suggest backing up data and relocating media file (pictures & video clip) to SD card to reserve enough storage before starting the software update.
- The battery life of device has to be more that 50%. It suggest plug ASUS adapter in order to avoid upgrading failed.
- Android Marshmallow won’t support APP2SD. Please move apps to internal storage before system upgrade
- Multi-user function won’t be supported if the account is deleted. Please keep your account to continue usage
There are other assorted notes which we have listed below. Notice the number of apps that will no longer be pre-loaded!
- The following apps will not be pre-installed after the update: Clean Master, Data Transfer, Dr. Booster, Dr. Safety, Free Games, Game Center (TW SKU Only), iReader, Mirror, Omlet, PC Link, PhotoFrame, Puffin Browser, Remote Link, TripAdvisor, What’s next, Yahoo Shopping, ZenCircle, Zinio
- Add new features and new apps: Google Calendar, Facebook Messenger
- Remove Asus Email, Asus Calendar, ASUS Music ,ASUS Browser after Factory Reset. You can use Gmail, Google Calendar, Google play music and Chrome for relevant services
- Integrate Power Saver and Auto-Start Manager into ASUS Mobile Manager
- Add Singapore time zone
- Update ASUS Support to ZenPad Care
- Several Apps update
How to manually update your ZenPad to Android 6.0 Marshmallow: