The world’s first tablet to integrate DTS HD Premium Sound. – Jonney Shih, Computex 2015 during the ZenPad unveiling.
Audio can get quite technical so we aren’t going to attempt to sound like audio experts. However, we can give an overview and spec details of what you’re getting in the DTS-HD Premium Sound found on the ZenPad tablet line-up.
What you’re looking for in the source audio is this logo:
This logo indicates that you’re going to get the best possible audio experience. So if you’re outputting to a 5.1 sound system, that is exactly what the ZenPad will deliver to that speaker system. This is where the ZenPad Audio Cover comes into play. Those 5.1-surround sound speakers should provide extraordinary audio when the source is dts-hd. It delivers a 360-degree surround sound experience through headphone, according to the Asus Computex presentation.
These are features as listed on the DTS.com website:
- Decoding of the highest quality audio streams available from digital delivery, VOD, and broadcast sources.
- Future-proof decoding technology that enables CE products to process more advanced audio, when available, like:
- Adaptive Streaming to overcome bandwidth, storage and network constraints.
- Multi-Asset Mixing to support multi-language requirements and secondary audio features, like the Director’s commentary and content for the hearing-impaired.
- Decoding of lossless, Blu-ray® quality HD audio from any source (when lossless content is available).
- Playback of legacy/current audio streams that accompany a vast library of CDs, DVDs and BDs.